
Awww....I love loons! We have been hearing them out on the lake quite a bit in the evenings lately. I still remember the first time I heard a loon call. We had been living in Texas at the time and we were up here staying at my grandparent's house on Lake Wabana, when I was probably about 10 years old. I think I had been sleeping on the couch upstairs the night I first heard their eery cries. It freaked me right out! I had to ask my grandma (who can engage a loon in a conversation, mind you) what that creepy sound was in the night. Now, whenever I hear them, it reminds me of coming up here on vacation when I was younger and fishing with my papaw. I am happy that my parents decided to make Minnesota our home! Now if I could only afford to live on Lake Wabana! I added an audio clip of loons calling on my complete profile page if you want to take a listen to it.
Friday, July 25, 2008
I Am Loony!!
Posted by daleri at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment