So we broke in the camper this weekend! Jake and I and the kids went up to his grandparent's cabin on Saturday for our nephew's birthday party. It was a great time, exhausting, but great! A friend of ours made all the kids marshmallow guns and also took all the kids for canoe rides. Well, not Miss Emery, that was just too intimidating for her. It was nice to visit with everyone and the kids had a blast playing with their cousins/friends. Jake and his dad shot off fireworks at night (big shock, eh?) and then we all enjoyed a campfire. I was worried about how Rylan would do sleeping in the camper for the first time. Turns out I should've been more worried about the drunken idiot camping at the cabin next door! Rylan went to bed without fuss and fell asleep right away until the moron next door kept passing out and resting his head on his car horn! Jake had to yell over there a couple times in an attempt to remind them that some of us were trying to sleep in peace! Eventually one of them with at least half a brain disconnected his car battery and I hear that a woman from their camp came over to apologize the next morning. So, yeah, that was terribly annoying at the time (but I do get a humorous mental picture of the guy passing out) and then Rylan was pretty much up from 2 a.m. on. I also had a wonderful allergy attack on top of it all. I then decided that Rylan and I would be better off at home, so we wouldn't wake up everyone on Long Lake! I threw a few things in the van and Rylan and I headed for the hills. The poor child fell asleep ten minutes after we left the cabin at 6 a.m. and slept until noon! Lane disappeared into his room at 4 p.m. on Sunday and slept until late this morning! I do look forward to camping again, but definitely in a quiter location!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment