We took Lane and Emery down to the Mall of America to celebrate Lane's 14th birthday (which I cannot believe he is already!). Those of you that know Lane well know that he cannot get enough of amusement park rides. He rode them for almost 8 hours on Saturday! Emery didn't really seem interested in rides this year so we took her to Build-A-Bear. She could spend all day in there! Sunday we spent the day shopping and enjoyed a nice lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. It is really a neat atmosphere in there and we like to eat there every year when we go down to the mall. I secretly told the waitress to bring Lane a 'volcano' cake for his birthday to surprise him. About ten minutes later they brought out this cake, shaped like a volcano, with a big lit sparkler sticking out of the top of it! There was a big line of wait staff chanting, "Volcaaaaaaano, volcaaano...." all the way over to our table. So, yeah, needless to say, he turned bright red! Hahaha! It was a good weekend and Lane had a GREAT birthday!!! Happy Birthday, Lane!!!
Aubrey and Melodee met us at the mall to ride the rides with Lane. Jake and I are pretty much big wimps in our old age.
Emery with her puppy, Moonshadow, that she made at Build-A-Bear!
They rode this crazy ride so many times that I think they lost count! 
Rainforest Cafe


Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Happy 14th Birthday, Lane!
Posted by daleri at 9:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
OMG!!! 14???? Wow! Happy Birthday young man!
You are NOT old enough for a 14-year old. Happy Birthday, Lane!
Thanks ladies! I really can't believe that he is 14 already either. *sniff sniff*
Post a Comment