
My mom came and stayed with our kids overnight on Tuesday so that Jake and I could head to the Cities to see Beck on his Modern Guilt tour! I have LOVED Beck's music since I was about 17 and I haven't been able to see him live since I went to Horde Fest many moons ago. It was a GREAT show and he played a lot of my fave "oldies" and a few off of his new album. It was so nice to have a little getaway with Jake. We don't do that very often, so I definitely savored every moment (even when we missed our turns and those few moments that I was about to make Jake pull over and let me take the wheel!) We went out for dinner and were able to have a conversation in peace, caught the concert, and then hung out with my sister and our friend, Bess, at our hotel afterwards. Then next morning, we were able to sleep in, sit in the hot tub and then go and get a coffee and browse the books at Barnes and Noble. As a full-time mom it is nice to get a break like that and to be able to go and do things I enjoy outside the mommy realm. THANKS, mom, for holding down the fort!!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Modern Guilt
Posted by daleri at 11:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I'm so glad you had a nice "date"! Funny, kind of related, story. Today the radiant heating guy (they are STILL working on installing it -- it's seeming like a bargain what we paid given the amount of work it clearly is -- the guys know us so well now they are like family!) asked if we had family nearby. When I told him know. He said, "What do you and Gregg do, like, when you want to go out clubbin' or something?"
What???
"You guys are so young . You need to go out and dance and stuff, ya know."
What????
"Do you get a babysitter or somethin'?"
What????
I simply said, "Well, um. Thanks, but we're really NOT young. I'm 42 and Gregg is 36 and our clubbing days are long gone. We go out to dinner a lot, with the girls. We go to house parties. With the girls. Last week we were at our cabin and MIL was with us so we went out for the day, alone. We missed the girls. "
Funny, I never really feel like we need to get away from them. But I bet if we did something like you guys did we would have a blast! And by the time Alex is Lane's age... (boy will our clubbin' days be gone by then!)
Post a Comment